- Separate the white and yolk from two eggs.
- Whip the egg whites until stiff and place them in the fridge.
- Then whisk the egg yolk with 1 tsp salt and a dash of pepper.
- Mix in 125 ml Jever, 125 ml water, 250 g flour, 50 g cornflour and ½ tsp baking powder.
- Next, stir ice-cold water into the flour mixture until there are no lumps. Gently fold in the stiffened egg whites.
- Place the batter in the fridge for half an hour.
- Divide the fish fillet in the middle and heat oil in a pan to around 180°C. Dip the fish in the coating and cook it in the oil for around 6 minutes until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve the fish with a bottle of Jever, a bread roll with remoulade or a potato salad.
RECIPES FOR INSPIRATION
COD WITH MUSHROOMS