Kale with mettwurst
|One head of kale|
|A little oil|
|Vegetable stock||1 l|
The following serves four:
- Wash the kale and cut off the stalk.
- Cut the thick leaf veins from the individual leaves so that you have approx. 500 g of kale.
- Cut the leaves into strips and blanch them quickly and evenly in boiling salted water.
- Then remove and plunge into iced water, then drain.
- Peel and halve 150 g of onions, then cut into thin slices. Sweat the onions in a heated pot with a little oil.
- Bring 1 l vegetable stock to the boil with 1 bay leaf, 2 cloves and 5 allspice corns.
- Add 500 g Kassler and the kale. Bring back to the boil, cover and simmer for approx. 1 hour.
- In the meantime, peel 250 g carrots and 400 g potatoes. Cut the carrots into thin slices and the potatoes into cubes of about 2 cm.
- After approx. 25 minutes of cooking time, add the carrots, potatoes and 6 mettwursts.
- Then remove the Kassler and mettwursts and cut them into small pieces. Add both back to the soup.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, plate and serve.
- Together with a chilled Jever, of course. Bon appétit!